practitioner n : someone who practices a learned profession [syn: practician]
- A person who practices a profession or art.
Practitioner Some one who engages in an occupation, profession, religion, or way of life. Even if the person has been Practicing their entire life or has a PHD in the subject they will always be known as a Practitioner. The term may refer to:
- General practitioner, primary care physician
- Ophthalmic medical practitioner, eye doctor
- Registered medical practitioner, legal designation for a medical doctor
- Nurse practitioner
- Emergency care practitioner
- Psychiatric and mental health Nurse Practitioner
- Scientist-Practitioner Model of Clinical Psychology
- Foot Health Practitioner
- Operating Department Practitioners
- Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner Badge
Finance and government
Religious, ways of life, Science and other uses.
- Practice (learning method)
- OD Practitioner Network, in organizational development
- Solitary practitioner, in Wicca and Paganism, as well as other forms of alternative beliefs.
- Theatre practitioner
- Traffic Operations Practitioner Specialist, engineering certification
- Massage Practitioner, 1922 Myanmar comedy film
- Christian Science practitioner